Y’all, it’s been over 2 months since I’ve posted anything. To say that the holidays were busy would be a complete understatement. All of you split family mama’s out there know exactly what I’m talking about. I see you nodding your heads at your phone/computer screen.
If you’ve been following along on this journey with me and my family, you’ll know that I don’t like to post just for the sake of posting. If it’s not something that I’m going to be proud to post, I’m just not going to do it. The only thing I hate more than wasting my own time is wasting the time of others. So, with that being said I just wanted to give a little update to let you all know that YES, we’re still here, and YES, I will be picking up writing again shortly.
- My birthday. Nothing much more to say about that other than I’m 25 and I really do feel a quarter of a century old. We went out for dinner and drinks at my favorite bar in Manistee, Chopos Northside. We were home and in bed by 11 pm because like I stated earlier, I’m feeling older. *Insert sarcastic laughter*
- Next came Christmas! This year was an extreme year for Christmas. Anyone who knows my parents or my in-laws knows that they’re both crazy for Christmas and generally big gifts. So- the boys got Traxxas RC cars from my parents, and electric Razor scooters from my in-laws. (Of course among about 100 other things). They’ve had such a blast playing with both of these things, and there’s only been one crash with the RC cars, and 1 wipe out on the scooter.
- Then came the New Year. By this time I had realized that I had forgotten to send out Christmas AND New Year cards to family and friends. Whoops. We spend NYE playing music and laughing while the kids played. Us adults stayed up way too late playing beer pong in the living room at the lake house, and brought in the New Year with good memories.
- Back to work and school as usual. January has been a funky month in Michigan since it’s basically done and we’ve almost made it out with no snow days. Incredible.
- Marek’s 6th birthday is coming up right around the corner, so I’m busy trying to prepare for that.
- Valentine’s Day parties at school… Yeah. That too.
So with all of that- that’s what we’ve been up to. We’ve just been adjusting into 2020 and trying to map out how to make it the BEST YEAR YET. We are already beginning to plan our summer camping expeditions, and a few other trips and fun weekends. The boys are anxious to get back on their dirt bikes and quads and start ripping up the trails.
So there you have it, a very quick update on what we’ve been up to!